You can allow another person to read messages, delete chats, and send e-mails on your behalf by granting access of your Gmail account to them. Your contacts can also be managed by assigning another person as a delegate in your account. This is a safer and handier solution than providing other people your password to access the Gmail account.
You invite a lot of troubles when you give out your password to anyone, because with the Gmail password others can also access other Google services you own.
Giving out the password of your account to anyone, even to someone who is so credible for you is not something that we would ever advise you to do. And that is for two reasons:
- Your password might be used to log in another time.
- They can use your password and also try to get into your other accounts (since most of the people tend to use the same password).
It is a bitter truth that you can never trust another person with your account’s password. But now, users don’t have to worry about it anymore, because we’ve found the solution of this problem too. There is an easy way by which you can expeditiously grant access to your Gmail account without having to share your password with anyone else. You can do this by assigning a delegate to your Gmail account.
How to assign a delegate to your Gmail account?
Kindly follow these steps to allow another person access to your Gmail account (excluding several essential account settings, which can be changed only if want to).
- Ensure that the person to whom you are going to grant access to the account has a Gmail account with gmail.com written in the email address.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Tap on the Settings option (a gear icon in the top right-hand corner of your Gmail account).
- Now select the Settings from the displayed menu list.
- Here you need to click on the Account and Import section.
- Then go to Grant Access to Your Account option.
- And tap on Add another account option.
- Now you will need to go In the Email Address field.
- And enter the Gmail account email address of another person to whom you want to hand over the managing of your Gmail account
- Then the Next Step option.
- And tap on Send Email to Grant Access.
Note: Until the recipient accepts the request to access of your account, you’ll have to wait.
Now we will show you what the recipient has to do with your sent request. How will he/she log into the Gmail account as a Delegate?
Here you will read what you need to do to open the Gmail account for which you have been assigned a delegate.
How to Log into a Gmail account as a Delegate?
- First of all, open your Gmail account.
- Go to the upper right side of your Gmail page, and tap on your profile icon.
- You need to choose the preferred account, below Delegated accounts.
Now, whoever has access to the account, whether the owner or any other person, can read messages and send emails at the same time.