Not every individual knows that the location awareness of their software extends in the portable devices for recording and tracking their location history, as well. In the matter of Google, if you have opted-in to “Places You’ve Been” in your account settings, the location history of your iPhone contains a searchable and detailed; long-duration data file consisting of a visible trail that is controlled or organized by time and date. Both Apple and Google provide these history files with a lot of privacy assurances, and you may opt out of them altogether. So if you’ve lost your iPhone or it has been stolen, and you are tired of finding them, they can still be tracked using the Google Timeline or GPS Tracking apps. For doing so, follow one of the suitable methods from these two given below:
Navigate to the Google Timeline website
- The maps of Google Timeline out all location data collected from your iPhone so here also the location of your lost/stolen iPhone can be tracked.
Note: This method will only work if you have enabled location reporting and history on your iPhone. We recommend you to locate your iPhone using a different method mentioned above in this article if you haven’t enabled these features.
- In the Google Timeline website, click “Today” option. This option is typically located at the top left corner of the Google Timeline.
- The most up to date timeline of the iPhone shall be shown in the left pane.
- Then you can identify the last reported location of your iPhone. For doing so, you will have to scroll to the bottom of the timeline.
- Now you can review the Location of Timeline Data to confirm whether your iPhone is lying still or moving. This will assist you in recognizing whether your iPhone has been misplaced or slightly lost.
- You need to use the map displayed on-screen in order to locate the iPhone. Google Maps tend to use GPS technology to identify the reasonably accurate location of your iPhone.
Using GPS Tracking Apps
- Open an internet browser.
- Go to the official website for the GPS tracking application you recently used or installed on your iPhone.
- Then you will need to log into the app’s Web-based platform. Note: Make sure that you use the login credentials you created when you installed the app on your iPhone first time.
- Now you gain access to tracking and locate your iPhone using the GPS tracking but ensure that you follow the on-screen instructions first. Most numbers of GPS tracking apps give you detailed information about the iPhone’s activities you’ve lost. These activities include Previous Location, Phone Calls that are made, Text Messages that are sent, and more.
- You can then contact the app’s manufacturers for the further supports and assistance with tracking your iPhone using the app. Thus, all of the third-party GPS tracking applications are only supported by their manufacturers and developers, not by Apple.
Thank you for reading; we hope that this article will help you gain access to track your lost/stolen iPhone using Google Timeline or GPS Tracking apps.